0352翻译:争吵( 亚米契斯)

0352翻译:争吵( 亚米契斯)
Translation: Argument (Edmondo De Amicis)
(translated by: alexcwlin; edited by: Adam Lam)

今天我和可莱谛吵架,并不是因为他得了奖,我嫉妒他。
Today I got into a fight with Kelaidi (1), and it was not because he was awarded a prize and I was jealous of him.
今天早晨,小石匠病了,老师叫我替他抄写每月故事。
This morning Little Mason was sick and the teacher asked me to manually copy the monthly stories for him.
我正抄着,坐在旁边的可莱谛忽然碰了一下我的胳膊肘,把墨水滴到笔记本上,
When I was doing the copying, Kelaidi sitting next to me suddenly bumped my elbow and spilled ink onto the notebook.
把本子弄脏了,字迹也看不清了。
It was so smudged that the words could not be read clearly.
我火了,就骂了他一句。
I was furious and gave him a piece of my mind.
———————————————————————————————–
他却只是微笑着说:“我不是故意的。”
He only smiled and said: “I didn’t do it intentionally.”
———————————————————————————————–
我本来会相信他的,可是他的笑使我很不高兴。
Initially I would have believed him, but his smile made me very displeased.
我想:“哼,得了奖,就自以为了不起了!”
I thought: “Hmm, you got an award and think you are above everyone else.”
于是我想报复他,
So I planned to pay him back.
过了一会儿,我也碰了他一下,把他的本子也弄脏了。
After a little while, I also gave him a bump and smeared his notebook.
———————————————————————————————–
可莱谛气得脸都红了。
Kelaidi was so mad his face turned red.
“你这是故意的!”他说着就举起手来。正好给老师看见了,
“You did that deliberately,” he lifted his hand when he was speaking and coincidentally the teacher saw that.
可莱谛就缩回手去,说:“我在外边等你!”
So Kelaidi withdrew his hand and said: “I’ll be waiting for you outside.”
———————————————————————————————–
我心里觉得很不安。我很后悔不该那样做。
I felt very bad and regretfully thought I shouldn’t have done that.
可莱谛是个很好的人,他绝对不会是故意的。
Kelaidi was a very good person and what he did surely was not intentional.
我想起那次去他家玩的时候,他帮助母亲干活、服侍生病的母亲的情形。
I remembered the time when I went to his home to play, I saw the way he helped his mother in doing chores and took care of his sick mother.
还有他来我家的时候,我们全家都诚心诚意地欢迎他,父亲又是那么喜欢他的种种情形。
Also the one time he came to my home how our entire family genuinely welcomed him and my father liked him so very much, etc.
啊,要是我没有骂他,没有做对不起他的事该多好啊!
Oh, wouldn’t it be great if only I did not scold him and did him wrong?
我又记起父亲“应该知错认错”的话来。
I then remembered what my father said: “You should admit you are wrong when you know you’re wrong.”
但是要我去向他承认错误,我却觉得太丢脸。
But if I had to go to him and admit my mistake, then I felt I would lose face over it.
我用眼角偷偷地看他,见他上衣肩上的线缝儿都开了,大概是因为扛多了柴的缘故吧。
I stole glances at him from the corners of my eyes and saw seams at the shoulders of his clothes had split open, likely because he had been carrying too much firewood on them.
想到这里我觉得可莱谛很可爱。
When I thought to this part I felt Kelaidi was very likeable.
我心里暗暗说“去向他认错吧!”
My heart said quietly: “Just admit to him I’m wrong.”
可是“请原谅我”这几个字却是无论如何都说不出口来。
But I found those few words: “Please forgive me.” could not be spit out from my mouth in any event.
———————————————————————————————–
可莱谛不时用眼睛瞟我,但他的眼里表示出来的不是愤怒而是悲哀。
Kelaidi from time to time peeked at me sideway, but what was showing from his eyes was not anger but sorrow.
———————————————————————————————–
他又说:“我在外边等着你!”
He said again: “I’ll wait for you outside.”
我回答说:“我也等着你!”
I replied: “I’ll be waiting for you too.”
我心里想着父亲对我说过的话:“要是你错了,别人打你,你千万不要还手,
I thought about what my father said before: “If you are wrong and other people beat you up, don’t ever strike back.
只要防御就是了。”
Just defend yourself.”
———————————————————————————————–
因为心里有事,老师讲的功课我一句也没有听进去。
Because I had something in my mind, I did not catch a thing taught in class by our teacher.
———————————————————————————————–
终于挨到了放学的时候。
Time dragged and finally school was over.
我在街上独自走着,听见可莱谛从后面跟上来。
I walked alone on the street and heard Kelaidi was catching up from behind.
我手里拿着戒尺站住等他。
I stood still and held a ferule in my hand waiting for him.
他向我走来,我便举起戒尺准备防御。
He walked towards me and I raised the ferule in preparation to defend myself.
———————————————————————————————–
“不,安利柯!”可莱谛微笑着用手拨开戒尺,温和地对我说:“让我们还像从前那样做好朋友吧!”
“No, Enrico,” Kelaidi smiled as he brushed away my ferule and said to me softly. “Let us be good friends just like we were before.”
———————————————————————————————–
我惊呆了。我觉得有两只手搭在我的肩上,我已经在他的怀抱里了。
I was shocked, and felt two hands rested on my shoulder and I already was in his embrace.
———————————————————————————————–
他吻着我说:“以后我们再不要吵架了,
He kissed me and said: “From now on, let’s don’t fight anymore.
好吗?”
Would that be fine with you?”
———————————————————————————————–
“再也不了!再也不了!”我回答说。
“I’ll never do that again,” I replied.
然后我们就高高兴兴地分手了。
Then we went our separate ways happily.
———————————————————————————————–
回到家里,我把这件事告诉了父亲,本想叫父亲高兴一下,
When I returned home I told my father about the incident, which was meant to make him happy.
不料父亲把脸一沉,说:“既然你错了,就应该第一个伸过手去请他原谅。
But my father straightened his face and said: “Since you were wrong, you should be the first one to extend your hand and ask for his forgiveness.
况且你不应向一个比你高尚的朋友举起戒尺!”
Besides, you should not raise a ferule to a friend who is more respectable than you are.”
说着从我手里夺过戒尺,折成两段,扔到墙角去。
While he was speaking, he grabbed the ferule from my hand, broke it into two pieces and threw them to a corner of the room.
———————————————————————————————–

附注:
(1) 名字翻译不是准确。

    原文作者:adamlam99
    原文地址: https://zhuanlan.zhihu.com/p/24942153
    本文转自网络文章,转载此文章仅为分享知识,如有侵权,请联系博主进行删除。
点赞